FastPass+ was introduced at Walt Disney World in 2014. It allows park guests to schedule FastPasses up to 60 days in advance of their arrival date. Booking starts at 7am EST on the 60th day from your checkin date. There is no additional fee for this convenience. It's free with the purchase of your park tickets.
- For park guests staying in a Disney resort, you are able to book up to 3 FastPasses per day per park 60 days in advance of your arrival date.
- For park guests not staying in a Disney resort, you are able to book up to 3 FastPasses per day per park 30 days in advance of your arrival date.
You can either call Disney (407-939-5277) to schedule your FastPasses (FP's) or you can book them through My Disney Experience (recommended) on your computer or mobile device. If anyone in your party has a smartphone, I recommend they sign up for My Disney Experience (MDE) as well. MDE accounts can be connected where everyone can change FP's or book new FP's for individuals or everyone while in the park. Once the previously scheduled FP's have been used, you are able to book one FP at a time on your phone or at any FastPass+ kiosk located throughout the parks. As of right now, scheduling 3 FP's in more than 1 park is not allowed. It's best to schedule your desired FP's at the first park you will be going to on any particular day and then add one FP at a time after those have been used.
Tip: Take a look at the wait times when you get to your attraction before walking through the FP line. Example: If you scheduled a FP for 9:15am at Pirates of the Caribbean, but their standby line says it's a 5-20 minute wait, don't walk through the FP line (it's the line where your MagicBand gets scanned). Go to the standby line (MagicBand does not get scanned), because 5-20 minutes is not a long wait. Then, while waiting in the standby line, change the FP on your smartphone of Pirates of the Caribbean for a different ride in the same park!
All FastPasses are valid for 1 hour. One FP can be booked per hour (not necessarily on the hour). Example: If you book a FP for 10:15am, your next FP must end before 10:15 or start after 11:15am.
When booking your FastPasses on MDE, a list of qualifying attractions will appear. There are 3 parks that have ride tiers. You are allowed to choose one ride in Tier 1 and then two rides in Tier 2 at Hollywood Studios and Epcot. As new rides/attractions are created, the list will change.
While all attractions/rides are popular, there are some that I highly recommend you get a FP for if you plan on going on those particular rides. What you choose depends on your interests for your entire vacation party. You may opt to get FP's to meet and greet characters and not want to go on thrill rides. For details of each ride, visit Disney's page by clicking here.
Attractions with ** on the list below denotes popular ride and recommend to schedule a FastPass in advance. As I said above, all the attractions in the same tier cannot be scheduled a FP in advance.
Here are some ideas:
- Visit same park more than 1 day. Choose a different ride from Tier 1 on the 2nd or 3rd day. Example: Monday-choose Soarin', Tuesday- choose Test Track, Friday-choose Frozen Ever AFter.
- Plan on going directly to a Tier 1 ride (without FP) as soon as the park opens. Example: Schedule FP for Frozen Ever After and go directly to Test Track and wait in standby line as soon as Epcot opens. Once all 3 FP's have been used, use your phone to schedule FP for Soarin'.
- Try to book a FP for that favorite ride in Tier 1 after the first 3 FP's have been used. Example: Schedule FP for Frozen Ever After and two others in Tier 2. Once all 3 FP's are used, use your phone to get a FP for Test Track. Once that FP is used, use your phone to get a FP for Soarin'.
- Try to book a FP at the park you will be eating dinner at after you have used all other scheduled FP's in the other parks. Example: If you're at the Magic Kingdom all day and you've now used all scheduled FP's and plan on eating dinner at Epcot, use your phone to schedule a FP for whatever ride you did not get a FP for in Tier 1 on the day you are going to Epcot.
Tier 1--Choose one
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Living with the Land
Frozen Ever After**
Tier 2--Choose two
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
The Seas with Nemo & Friends**
Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
Tier 1--Choose one
Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith**
Alien Swirling Saucers**
Slinky Dog Dash**
Toy Story Mania!**
Tier 2--Choose two
Disney Jr.-Live on Stage
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Star Tours--The Adventures Continue**
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror**
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Tier 1--Choose 1
Avatar Flight of Passage**
Na'vi River of Journey**
Tier 2--Choose 2
Expedition Everest--Legend of the Forbidden Mountain**
Kali River Rapids**
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo--The Musical
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
Flights of Wonder
No Tiers--Choose up to three
Pirates of the Caribbean**
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad**
Under the Sea--Journey of the Little Mermaid
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train**
Peter Pan's Flight**
Mad Tea Party
Dumbo The Flying Elephant
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin**
"it's a small world"**
Monster's, Inc. Laugh Floor
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
Princess Fairytale Hall--Cinderella with a special guest princess
Princess Fairytale Hall--Rapunzel with a special guest princess
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater