You can bring so much into the parks, but there are some restrictions for the safety of cast members, guests and to keep the parks as clean as possible.
Disney has some of the best security in the world including behind the scenes. It is not just about people checking your bags, strollers and wheelchairs. There are security people you do not even see who are actively working to prevent a tragedy from occurring. There are cameras everywhere for your safety. So, just remember that when prices go up. Your safety is their top priority.
While I am sure this item is something everyone would know out of common sense, you would be surprised at how many people still attempt to carry them in the parks. It is not just about people carrying just because this is what they do at home. Disney has been one step ahead of some bad people out there with bad intentions, too. This is one of the reasons why the parks have metal detectors.
Prohibited: Firearms, ammunition, knives and weapons of any kind including self-defense or restraining devices. (Pepper spray, mace, etc)
Mobility Aides are allowed, but chairs are not. This is a hazard for the thousands of guests walking around and for the person sitting.
Most Items On Wheels
- Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered and/or unoccupied. Training wheels and/or modifications. Devices must be manually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace. Devices should be single rider and not exceed 36″ in width and 52″ in length.
- Strollers are required to be no larger than 31″ (79cm) and 52″ (132cm) long.
- Wagons that are pushed and/or pulled.
- Roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels and all other items on wheels (Wheelchairs and mobility aides are allowed.)
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed, pulled or towed by an ECV, wheelchair, stroller or person. These updates are designed to help guest flow and ease congestion, making the parks more enjoyable for everyone.
I do not see how using something like this would ever be possible, but, apparently, people have tried. Bouncing around like an uncontrolled Tigger is not allowed.
Because Disney does not have x-ray machines and rely heavily on their security to check the bags, no wrapped presents are allowed at any time. Security must be able to see every single item you carry in the park.
Say it isn’t so! It would be great to use a selfie stick at Disney, but, alas, they can cause injuries to other guests, problems on attractions, etc. Leave it at home. No exceptions. Even if you try, it will be confiscated at security to a secure location for you to pick up when you are leaving the park. Either use your arms or ask a guest to take a picture for you if there is no Disney photographer around. Also prohibited: hand-held extension poles for cameras or mobile devices, flags and banners.
We all love Disney and we have some family who would love to have a piece of them left at their favorite place on earth once they have passed, but this is forbidden. Remember the cameras I talked about above? The cameras have caught people trying to release ashes they managed to sneak into the park. The attraction is abruptly stopped, the guests are escorted off property and the attraction is shut down to be properly cleaned. I do not know about you, but I would not want to be escorted off Disney property and possibly be banned for life because of dropping some ashes.
Bags With or Without Wheels
Suitcases, bags, coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high.
Loose or dry ice are not permitted in the theme parks, but you can bring reusable ice packs.
Smoking areas no longer exist inside Walt Disney World theme parks or Disneyland theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Downtown Disney in California. Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances of the areas listed above and at Disney Springs in Florida. For guests who have room or dining reservations, smoking areas are also available at Disney Resort hotels. Smoking of marijuana or other illegal substances is not permitted at any time.
Other Prohibited Items
- Marijuana (including marijuana enriched products) or any illegal substance.
- Objects or toys that appear to be firearms or weapons.
- Fireworks or other similarly explosive and/or flammable objects, smoke machines or fog machines.
- Alcoholic beverages, except at the Disney Resort hotels and Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Wine may be brought into Disney Springs to be consumed at select table service restaurants only. Corkage fees apply.
- Glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars).
- Horns, whistles, large megaphones or artificial noise makers.
- Recreational devices such as drones and remote-control toys.
- Tripods or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack or that extend over 6′.
- Balloons at Animal Kingdom theme park, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo and Kidani.
- Plastic straws at Animal Kingdom theme park, water parks, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo and Kidani.
- Non-Coast Guard approved flotation devices or swim noodles at any water park.