So many people often wonder what the differences are between the value and moderate resorts. The value resorts have a pretty steep nightly rate to begin with depending on the time of year compared to other non-Disney resorts, but is it worth spending more for the moderate? Depending on the location, you may find a moderate that is only minimally more per night than a value. But, we all know it is not just about money when it comes to Disney.
***Some amenities are temporarily suspended.
Moderate and Value Resorts Both Have
- Laundry Services and/or dry cleaning
- Child Care Services
- Park Merchandise Delivery and Pickup
- Fireworks and dining cruises
- Complimentary Wifi
- Jogging Trail
- Currency exchange/Banking
- Mail Service
- Online check-in
- Bus transportation
- In-room celebrations
- Pizza delivery
- Movies Under The Stars
- Pool bar
- Coffee maker (Currently in all moderate resorts and newly renovated value resorts only.)
Value Resort Rooms
- 260 SF
- 1 king bed or 1 queen bed and 1 queen table top bed (AKA: Murphy Bed).
- Art of Animation and All Star Music have family suites that sleep up to 6.
Moderate Resort Rooms
- 314 SF (except Caribbean Beach Resort rooms–300 SF)
- Sleep up to 5 or 6 people except French Quarter–sleeps up to 4
- Choices of king, queen and queen-size sleeper sofa.
What Moderate Resorts Have That Value Resorts Do Not Have
- More square footage
- Table Service restaurants
- Water slides
- Multiple pools except at French Quarter–moderate and Pop Century–Value
- More than 1 restaurant except at French Quarter
- White Sand Beach
- Bike and Water Craft Rentals
- Located near a golf course
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Room service–Coronado only at limited times for breakfast and dinner
- Campfire activities
- Pirate Adventure Cruise
- Business Center
- Disney Meetings (Convention Center)
- Boat transportation
**Some items may not be at all Moderate or Value resorts. To name a few examples: All Star Sports does not have Movies Under The Stars. All Star Sports and Pop Century do not have the Business Center. Disney Meetings Convention Center is at the Coronado Resort only and White-Sand beach is at Caribbean Beach Resort only.