Disney Genie is a complimentary and convenient digital service designed to create your best Disney day at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. Disney designed a program to help people plan easier. It allows them to have more flexibility and have better tools to help them make the most of their visit. This technology guides them through the theme parks with tips that can help them reduce time in lines.
The Disney Genie is built right into the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps. Disney Genie service will maximize your park time so you can have more fun. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day. From specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, to general interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides and more. You simply tell Disney Genie what you want to do and it will do the planning for you.
Here are a few more features:
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your itinerary throughout your day. This allows you to be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Your Favorites at a Glance: Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current AND forecasted future wait times. This helps you predict when you might experience quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant and more.
For even more convenience and flexibility, there are two other options for enjoying the theme parks. Through a queue they are introducing called the Lightning Lane entrance that also saves you time in line:
- Disney Genie+ service (available for purchase): For a certain price per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time throughout the day. This includes classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences. It also includes photo features to capture your memories. Augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from your day if you are visiting Disneyland Resort.
- Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance. Attractions like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park. (Subject to limited availability and attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park. In addition, this will be announced closer to launch.
Lightning Lane selections are made on the same day of your visit. They can be used across multiple theme parks. This tool is great for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to maximize flexibility.
FASTPASS, FastPass+ and Disney MaxPass services have been retired, but with this service, you can choose from all of the new options, a mix of them or none at all. You continue to have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney day.
Disney is making some enhancements to our Disability Access Service (DAS) program. This includes new options to enroll in the program pre-arrival and for DAS participants to select attractions directly in the app. These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program. Click here for more details.
You’ll be able to purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit or purchase as an add-on to a theme park ticket by modifying your existing ticket prior to arrival. You can also purchase new tickets that include Disney Genie+ before your visit.
Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane Selections
When you take your day to the next level by purchasing Disney Genie+ service, you can select arrival windows for Lightning Lane entrances that are available at more than 40 attractions and entertainment across all 4 theme parks, one at a time throughout the day.
Disney Genie+ service will be available for $15 per Guest per day.
How to Purchase
- Before Your Visit:
Available as an add-on to a ticket or vacation package for the duration of visit. Purchase via Disneyworld.com or authorized travel professionals.
- Same Day of Visit:
Available for single-day use for existing ticket holders or Annual Passholders. Purchase via Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience app.
When to Select Attractions
Once you have Disney Genie+ service, you can book the next available arrival window for your first experience via the My Disney Experience app beginning at 7:00 AM on the day of your visit.
Once you’ve redeemed your initial selection (or the arrival window has passed), you can make another selection using the app, up to park closing.
Individual Lightning Lane Selections
For some of our most highly demanded attractions will offer Lightning Lane entry as an “á la carte” purchase. This option will be available for all Guests—with or without Disney Genie+ service—and lets you choose a time to arrive at up to 2 attractions each day (booked one at a time).
Pricing and availability will vary by date, attraction and park. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for current prices and attraction availability.
How to Purchase
Purchase via Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience mobile app on the same day of your visit.
When to Select Attractions
You can purchase individual selections for up to 2 different attractions per day.
- Guests of a Disney Resort Hotel and Other Select Hotels: These Guests can make their first purchase starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their visit. Available to Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green.
- All Other Guests: These Guests can make their first purchase when the park opens.