8. Hidden Mickeys—Keep your eyes peeled and look for the hidden Mickey heads throughout the park. There isn’t a stone in all of Walt Disney World without a purpose. Imagineers inserted them into attractions, sidewalks, light fixtures, etc. Keep a count of how many you find!
7. Attractions—One of the best things about Walt Disney World are the rides for all ages. You want a thrill ride? Done! Go to the mountains and ride Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Your stomach doesn’t handle fast, jostling rides too well? Done! Head to the Pirates of the Caribbean, It’s a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Under the Sea—Journey of the Little Mermaid plus so many more.
6. Entertainment—Between the parades, stage shows, Main Street, U.S.A. shows, water pageant and fireworks, you will never be bored. You don’t have to schedule to see any one of these, if you don’t want to. You will probably bump into them as you are making your way to lunch, the next attraction or even the restroom. Have you seen the Dapper Dans?
5. Special Events—The Magic Kingdom can put on a party like no other! The “Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party” and “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party” are parties you cannot miss. The Halloween party starts in August and runs on certain evenings through October 31st or November 1st, every year. The Christmas party starts in November and runs on certain evenings through the middle of December. Both parties are an additional fee. The Magic Kingdom closes to all non-party goers at 7. Guests who purchased a ticket are allowed in the park as early as 4pm. (Only the one, special ticket is needed to get into the party in the Magic Kingdom.) The special parades, special fireworks and special, lighted castle display are just a few things that make the parties a “must-see”.
4. Character Meet and Greets—I would love to say this is an activity for young kids, but I still find myself wanting my picture with my favorite characters or just a picture of the character by themselves.
3. Dole Whips—A refreshing treat that so many love! I’m not a huge fan of pineapple so this is not my thing, but don’t take my word for it! I’m just odd and don’t like anything pineapple. If you like pineapple, you will LOVE it!! There is also a Dole Whip float! In my opinion, the floats are big enough to share with someone, but the regular Dole Whip can be easily consumed by one person. Yes, I highly recommend you seek out the Dole Whip. You can find them at Aloha Isle in Adventureland.
2. Dining—There are 8 table service restaurants and 22 quick service restaurants. Some of these quick service locations are mainly snacks such as fruit, bakery, ice cream, etc. The variety allows you to choose whatever you have a craving for. You can’t turn a corner without bumping into a snack place, restaurant or a drink cart. Stop by Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square for a fresh, hot funnel cake made to order.
1. Cinderella Castle—There’s nothing in all of Walt Disney World more stunning than the Cinderella Castle. It doesn’t matter if it’s daytime, night time, with special light or without special lights. It just takes your breath away.