The fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom is primarily a projection show on Cinderella’s Castle. It is important to have a good view of that portion of the show. The party allows you to get a reserved view in a prime spot without the need to arrive extremely early and stake your claim. You also have room to move around instead of being crammed with everyone else on Main Street, U.S.A. This particular party has three options to choose from:
- The Tomorrowland Terrace viewing has seating in the lower part of the Terrace with a dessert buffet. You are able to stay at your table to view the show and eat your desserts. This option is the more expensive of the three options.
- The Plaza Garden viewing is seated in the top part of the terrace. This area has its own buffet, but it is separate from where your reserved viewing area is, which is in the Plaza Garden. Basically, you need to eat first and then go to the garden to view the show. There are no chairs, but you can sit on the (fake) grass.
- The After-Fireworks Dessert Party offers the same viewing location as The Plaza Garden Viewing, but you get a chance to enjoy the desserts after the fireworks are finished. Instead of rushing out of the park with the thousands of other guests when the show has ended, you can enjoy the desserts and then head out of the park with less people and, hopefully, transportation is not so bogged down. When you arrive for this option, you check-in at the Terrace before the fireworks begin to be escorted to the viewing location then head back to the Terrace once the show has ended.
All three options have a check-in station at the Tomorrowland Terrace, which is just past the Plaza Restaurant.
Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise
Ticket and Transportation Center/Magic Kingdom
This party starts at the Transportation and Ticket Center where you are offered a refreshing beverage to set sail. Once you cast off, the celebration continues with a selection of treats and specialty drinks specifically themed to the fireworks. (Alcoholic beverages available for guests 21 and older.) There’s also an ultraviolet scavenger hunt for kids.
When it is time for the show, you grab your spot along the ferryboat’s rail and put on your “Mickey Vision” glasses to enjoy your special, transformed view of the show.
Keep in mind that this is on a ferry so your view of the projection show on the castle will not be as good as it could be if you went to one of the other parties in the Magic Kingdom above.
Frozen Ever After Dessert Party, Epcot
The viewing section is at the entrance to the World Showcase. It provides a nice view of the fireworks show on the World Showcase Lagoon and you are in a good position to see all of the show’s elements from the globe to the fountains and fireworks.
The party’s theme is entirely of “Frozen” including the food, tables, drinks, etc. There are non-alcoholic specialty beverages like the “Frozen Heart” or you can enjoy beer, wine and/or other cocktails (for guests 21 or older).
After you enjoy your desserts and fireworks, you are escorted over to the Norway Pavilion to take the last rides of the evening on the Frozen Ever After attraction.
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party
This show includes projections on the Chinese theater along with fireworks and other special light effects. For Star Wars fans, it is a must see and adding on the dessert party makes this experience extra special for them.
The party takes place inside in the Star Wars Launch Bay.
This is particularly nice in the summer, because you are in the air conditioning. Plus, you are also with all of the Star Wars props and scenery, which adds to the experience. There are character meet and greets, also, but not specifically for the party goers. Remember to keep time in mind, because the party is for a certain period of time and those lines could take up a bulk of the party time.
As expected, the party’s theme is entirely of Star Wars for the tables, food, drinks, etc.
Once desserts are finished, you are escorted to a reserved viewing area to watch the Disney Movie Magic projection show and the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show. Some of the special effects surround the area so the view of the entire show is not the best, but it is the best place to view the projections on the theater. Plus, you don’t have to take extra time to stake your claim so far in advance before the show.
Fantasmic! Dessert & Viewing Experience
This party is much smaller than the other parties. You go to the Fantasmic! Theater to check-in and you pick up your snacks/desserts. There’s no particular theme and some of the dessert options include chocolate dipped strawberries, make your own worms & dirt pudding, salt/sweet treats and a specialty beverage served in a souvenir mug (guests 21 and older have an alcoholic option).
You can take those with you to a reserved VIP seating section in the theater. At that point, you can relax and enjoy your food/drinks while you wait for the show to begin. Seats within the section are first come-first served. You may want to check-in on the earlier side of your reservation in order to have your choice of seats, which are bleacher seats with no backs.
Rivers of Light Dessert Party
The party takes place across from Expedition Everest in Asia. There are a couple of areas with tables and this party’s theme is made up of Disney and Animal Kingdom. There are specialty non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic options for guests 21 and older, which include wine, beer and cocktails.
The viewing areas include staying at the tables and viewing from an elevated position in the back of the theater or viewing from the reserved rows at the front of the theater. Cast Members will escort guests to the seating area before the lighting is lowered. At that point, all guests must remain seated out of concern for your safety.
Celebration At The Top – Savor, Sip and Sparkle
Disney’s Contemporary Resort/Magic Kingdom
This party is held in the private Sonoma Room and Napa Room of California Grill. You can relax and savor light bites and refreshments for one hour prior to the Magic Kingdom’s show. The complimentary bar offers California wines, beers and cordials for guests 21 and older.
As showtime to the fireworks approaches, you walk out onto the private observation deck. You can enjoy an incredible view of the show. The lights will dim as music is piped into the California Grill.
After the fireworks, head back inside to enjoy a sweet spread of desserts, cordials and coffee.
Parking–For your convenience, complimentary valet parking is included with this event.
Keep in mind that this party is on top of a building that is close, but not close enough to fully enjoy the details of the projection show on the castle.
Guests of this particular party are asked to adhere to the minimum dress code requirements of California Grill. Dressier attire is also welcome.
Here are the details of the minimum dress code requirements:
Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.
Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.
Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and T-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.
Information For All Parties
- You are assigned a reservation time based on that night’s show time. Be sure to check back to make sure the show time doesn’t change.
- Most of the reservations are 60 – 90 minutes prior to the show’s start time.
Plan to check-in at least 30 minutes ahead of time. Many times, they are already allowing people in or at least forming a line to enter. If your table selection is important, you’ll want to check-in early.
- Book as soon as you can! Dessert parties are popular and they do fill up fast. You can book online or by calling Disney (407-WDW-DINE). Most party reservations will open up at 180 days, but you may have to keep checking as they are sometimes delayed while they finalize show times.