What Is Rider Switch and How Does It Work?
If Guests in your party can’t or don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out!
If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!
Rider Switch is available at select attractions at all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.
To Use Rider Switch:
- First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question.
- Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will be issued a Ride Switch entitlement by the Cast Member and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.”
- The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction.
- After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. Then, Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.
- Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. The Rider Switch entitlement must be validated by a Cast Member at this time.
Please note that if the person in party 2 waited alone with the child or non-riding Guest, the number of Guests who may join him or her and ride again is limited.
Attractions Offering Rider Switch
Get a complete list of attractions at Walt Disney World Resort where you can use Rider Switch.
Magic Kingdom Park
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
*Please note: All Rider Swap participants are required to be in a Virtual Queue boarding group or have an individually purchased Lightning Lane entrance for the attraction prior to boarding.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park