If Guests in your party cannot or do not want to board an attraction, you do not have to miss out on the attraction.
With Disney’s Rider Switch Service, one adult can wait with the non-rider(s) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guest(s) and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue line, again. (The instructions for parties with FastPasses are below.) Rider Switch is available at select attractions at all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks. See the list below.
How To Use Rider Switch
- First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question if you do not already know in advance. (This is the process for standy-by queue and people who have FastPasses. See additional FastPass info below.)
- Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will have their MagicBands or theme park ticket cards scanned, which is adding the Ride Switch entitlement by the Cast Member and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.”
- The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction.
- After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. Then, Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.
- Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. MagicBands will be scanned by a Cast Member at this time.
If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring up to 2 other Guests back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 3 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.
If anyone in your party booked FastPasses/wants to use a FastPass instead of standing in the regular queue line, all of the Guests in your party who intend to ride the attraction would need FastPasses in order to utilize the Rider Switch Service. You follow the same process above, except you approach the greeting Cast Member at the FastPass queue with your entire party who must all have a FastPass for the designated FP time you are expected to go through the queue.
Attractions Offering Rider Switch
Magic Kingdom Park
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
- Frozen Ever After
- Mission: SPACE
- Test Track
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®
- Kali River Rapids
- Primeval Whirl