MagicBands and cards are secure all-in-one devices that allow you to access the plans and vacation choices that you have made with My Disney Experience.
You can use your MagicBand or card to:
- Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room.
- Enter theme and water parks (with valid admission).
- Check in at FastPass+ entrances.
- Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account.
- Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (only available during your hotel stay).
TIP: Every resort has a spending limit that can be billed to your room. The limit depends on the resort. Sometimes, there are mishaps, because, as we all know, Disney is not perfect. I tried to buy something for $10.05 shortly after we arrived on our first day. I was told I was over my spending limit. This was my first purchase at this hotel so I knew something was wrong. Thankfully, we still carry our Disney credit card with us as proof of discount, when applicable. We have to carry our Annual Passholder cards, Disney Vacation Club Membership cards and ID’s for proof of using those discounts, as well. Upon inquiring about the spending limit at the resort, there was a snafu where a cast member inputted a $2.00 limit instead of $2,000 limit. So, be sure to ask your resort what the limit is or simply carry your credit card with you that the resort would be charging. It is better to be safe than sorry.
A MagicBand can also:
- Add a touch of magic to your vacation by unlocking special surprises, personalized just for you, throughout the Walt Disney World Resort!
- Automatically associate your Disney PhotoPass attraction photos to the Photo Gallery on your Disney account at My Disney Experience. Currently available on 13 Walt Disney World attractions.
You will automatically receive a MagicBand if you are a Walt Disney World Annual Passholder.
Guests can purchase MagicBands online from the shopDisney app, select Walt Disney World shops and at other retail locations. Some special offers can even include limited edition MagicBands, which may trigger enchanting surprises, like light and sound effects, when you use them at a touch point.
MagicBand orders cannot be shipped to all countries.
Disney Resort hotel Guests with an arrival date through December 31, 2020 will receive complimentary MagicBands. Magicbands will no longer be provided on a complimentary basis for new reservations for arrivals at Disney Resort hotels January 1, 2021 and beyond. However, Guests will have the option to purchase MagicBands.
Once your MagicBands or cards have been linked to your My Disney Experience account, they can be used interchangeably.
You can choose MagicBand colors and characters that make it more fun than ever before! Premium MagicBands offer popular designs featuring some Disney friends, from Mickey Mouse to Super Heroes and beyond.
Disney Resort hotel Guests and Walt Disney World Passholders can place their MagicBand order by taking the following steps:
- Create or sign into your Disney account.
- Link your reservation or annual pass to your Disney account. Your pass may have been linked automatically when you purchased it on disneyworld.com.
- If you are an Annual Passholder, activate your pass at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window or Disney Springs Guest Relations location. Please bring your exchange certificate and a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport. Once your pass is activated upon first admittance into the theme parks, your MagicBand order will display in your My Disney Experience account.
- To order your MagicBands at pre-arrival prices, visit My MagicBands and Cards. Remember to place your order at least 11 days before your arrival if you would like your MagicBands shipped to your home and at least 6 days before your arrival to have them shipped to your Resort hotel.
For additional options, Guests can purchase MagicBands at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. in Magic Kingdom park and customize with various image and color combinations.
Link a MagicBand that You Purchase
If you purchase a MagicBand at a Walt Disney World theme park or Disney Springs, please follow these steps to link it to your Disney account:
Packing Your MagicBand When Traveling
If you are taking advantage of Disney’s Magical Express, our complimentary motor coach service from Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort hotel, please remember NOT to pack your MagicBands in your checked luggage. Instead, keep them with you and easily accessible, since they will be used to check-in with Disney’s Magical Express and to unlock your room when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel.
Private and Secure
Extensive measures are in place to protect your information. MagicBands and cards are part of MyMagic+, which was built with privacy controls from the outset and is voluntary.
The MBs have multiple purposes for Disney Resort guests versus guests who do not stay in a Disney hotel.
Here is a list of how the MB operates for Disney hotel guests:
- Theme parks entry
- Resort room key
- Memory Maker scanner
- Credit card for purchases (charges to your room, which has your credit card attached to it for your resort stay, food, incidentals, etc.)
- Disney Dining Plan scanner
- FastPass+ ticket
- Special Event scanner
- Safety tracker
Here is a list of how the MB operates for non-Disney hotel guests:
- Theme parks entry
- FastPass+ ticket
- PhotoPass scanner
- Safety tracker
Disney hotel guests and Non-Disney hotel guests can buy their MB’s before their WDW vacation. Many people go to www.shopdisney.com to buy their bands. Take caution on any used purchases of MB’s and it is not recommended.
Perfect fit for all: Do not be concerned about whether or not the MB will fit your wrist. The MBs are actually two bands in one. There is a gray band on the back that attaches to the outside band. Adults use the band as it is. A child or adult with a small wrist can peel off the gray band on the inside. Also, you do not have to wear the bands, anyway!! Some people wear them on lanyards. Keep in mind that they are fairly comfortable and easy to get used to and/or forget about.
Allergies: MBs are made of a waterproof material that is hypo-allergenic (non-latex material). If you are a Disney resort guest with an allergy to the material, you can request an RFID plastic ticket for your admission.
Technology: MB is the latest in Radio Frequency (RF) technology. Disney will be able to see where you travel inside the park by the numerous touch points you come across and will be able to tailor specific offers to you in the future. Disney does not want anyone else to be able to read any personal data you have linked to your MDE account so they use a series of encryptions, secure links and random data codes to separate your personal information from your MB. If you lose your MB or it is stolen, simply deactivate it in MDE or visit a Guest Relations location in a park or at the front desk of your Disney hotel and they will take care of it. If you are a hotel guest, they will reissue you a second band. If you lose the second band, you will need to purchase the replacement. By the way, no concerns about rain or water parks, either! You can wear the MBs in the water, because they are waterproof.
Assistance: Any Cast Member can assist you in linking your park admission ticket to your MB, as well as Memory Maker, if you purchased it. (Just remember that you need to buy the Memory Maker package 3 days prior to your arrival in order to receive the discounted rate. For more information about Memory Maker, click here.) The best way to prepare prior to your arrival at Disney World is to load all of your dining reservations, tours, Memory Maker, theme park tickets and FastPass+ to your MDE several days before your vacation. If you don’t buy your MB until you are at the park, all of the information will automatically upload to your MB.
Also, the MB allows you to change the center piece, use multiple MagicBands with one center piece or use it on a key chain that can attach to a lanyard, bag, belt loop, etc., if you decide you don’t want to wear it on your wrist.